Tuesday, August 01, 2006

How To Transform Yourself From A Follower To A Leader

I've always been fascinated about how some people are Leaders of their group, either that or how some people attracted followers towards them. I was a follower MYSELF and this question plagued me for YEARS ever since I met first natural friend who had everyone's attention on his side all the time. My friend Patrick, I first met him on 8th grade when I moved to the town I'm currently living. At that time he had a girlfriend, and a groupie of kids that was always by his side. The group would not come along together if he wasn't there and that made it really obvious to everybody that he was the leader of the group. I chatted about it with some of my friends that's part of the group privately, "no one else would come together unless he was there" and it baffled me until I found the seduction community and met Stephen.

Now I, coming from a lonely background, have always been fascinated observing these kinds of magnetism, attractiveness ever since I was child. I'm not surprised at all starting a blog talking about my experience learning the social dynamics. I've been a student of it since I was 10, because that's when I first moved here to the States and realized I had no skills at all to make friends (where I came from I was almost completely isolated due to parental issues, higher economical value, and demography). Since then I've always been a follower, sometimes fell into the wrong crowd, and was a slave to the Society's Standards.

I spoke to Stephen about this. I told him, "I've always found myself to be a follower not a leader. I never knew how to be one."

Stephen says, "Write this down and look him up. He is your new guru. John Goddard is his name."

"What's so special about this guy?"

"John Goddard wrote at the age of 15 a list of 127 goals he wanted to achieve in his lifetime. He went for it 100% and lived his life PASSIONATELY AND to it's FULLEST. Did you think he had any boring conversations? NO! He did what he wanted to do and he attracted people that had similar goals/values. That's what you need to do. Go home, sit down, and write 127 goals you've always wanted to accomplish and the minute you finish, DO IT. GO for it 100% and you will attract people with the same goals, same values as you do."

So I started thinking how does this apply to Patrick? Other than him being very genuine and authentic, playful, trustworthy, and very relaxed and cool (like Stephen), he knew what he wanted. He was good at basketball, and most of the time I've played with him, he was the one that was ALWAYS consistent and ALWAYS worked hard in the game. He also always knew where to go and where to hang out, he knew every ice cream flavor he wanted, he had a taste in music, and he knew what wanted to do and went for it most of the time.

Essentially, HE KNEW what he wanted, he developed lots and lots of Interesting Activities, and people that didn't really know what to do, don't have that many interests, or have interests but never really went for it were attracted to him. He was also good at making solid connections, which made people trust him much more and thus MAGNETIZING everyone people with similar interests towards him.

This is great because this is exactly what CEIC is all about, developing yourself to the Kind of Man that represents himself with POWER and INTEGRITY. I was glad to have met a friend with this presence and am able to relate it to my audience.

I was glad to be able to discover the VERY secret of becoming a leader, and I would've still been lost until Stephen paved the way to the right direction.


P.S.
Kudos to my friend Patrick. He's always have been the genuine guy I've known since 8th grade and has never changed.

Take a look at John Goddard's Lifelist here.

No comments: